ECBlend Flavors Help Desk How May We Help You?

 Base Mix Help


More about PG and VG and base mix help can be found here:


BASE MIX HELP - What is Base Mix

 THE BEST PG AND VG: (“base mix”)

  • PG: We use only the best 99.7% pure (with the remaining 0.3% being water) USP Food Grade Kosher Propylene Glycol (PG). Propylene glycol is approved for human consumption by the FDA and approved for human inhalation by the EPA. It’s used in fog machines, air purifiers in hospitals, humidifiers, aromatherapy and other inhalation devices. It is a common ingredient in many foods and medicines, such as store imitation food flavoring, toothpaste, cough syrup, hand sanitizer, lotions, cosmetics and more. Grocery store flavoring is not recommended for e-liquid!
  • VG: Our VG is 99.7% (with the remaining 0.3% being water) food-grade palm-derived Vegetable Glycerin (VG). There are no animal by-products in either our PG or VG. It has a sweet taste, but is metabolized differently than sugar and does not contribute to bacterial tooth decay. Because it is derived entirely from palm sources and pure, it is hypoallergenic and contains no soy as is found in other sources of VG.




  • The more PG in the base mix will make the liquid thinner, and will produce more throat hit and less vapor.
  • The more VG in the base mix will make the liquid thicker, throat hit will be smoother, and the vapor produced will be much greater.
Throat Hit, Vapor, and Consistency depend on the Base Mix you select:

The current most popular base mix in ECBlend retail stores is: Reduced PG (MAX VG) for subohm tanks, and 60%PG/40%VG for other tanks. Using a subohm device?  The most popular nicotine strengths for these devices are 3mg and 6mg.  Not a sub ohm user? Then 12mg or 18mg might be right for you!


Flavoring is PG based, if nicotine is selected it is added as VG based, and the remainder is filled with VG  (Also know as "Max VG" These flavors produce the most vapor "clouds")

100% PG : 100% PG, there is no VG in the bottle. This will produce little to NO vapor, and LOTS of throat hit

100 %VG : 100% VG, there is no PG in the bottle. This will  produce little to NO throat hit, and LOTS of vapor

80%PG / 20%VG : This will produce a small vapor cloud , and LOTS of throat hit (Best for top wicking clearomizers)

70%PG / 30%VG : This will produce a small to moderate vapor cloud , and above-moderate throat hit  (Best for bottom wicking clearomizers)

60%PG / 40%VG: This will produce a moderate vapor cloud , and moderate throat hit

BEST > 50%PG / 50%VG: This will produce a moderate vapor cloud , and moderate throat hit

40%PG / 60%VG : This will produce a moderate vapor cloud , and moderate throat hit


Throat hit also depends on how many milligrams of nicotine you select and what kind of device you are using it with (higher voltage, lower resistances etc).

 Adding Menthol also increases throat hit.

NOTES:  VG has a natural sweetness to it.  Max VG E-Liquids will be sweet.  Ordering a Tobacco Flavor with a base mix high in VG will have a sweet flavor to it.  By itself, PG has a slight bitterness.  


CONSULT YOUR MEDICAL CARE PROVIDER if you are sensitive to Propylene Glycol or Nicotine.

Was this article helpful? yes / no

Article details

Article ID: 24

Category: E-Liquid OPTIONS Help

Views : 13863

Rating (Votes): Article rated 4.2/5.0 (87)


© 2011- ECBlend, LLC. All Rights Reserved. All liquid images on this website are for flavor reference only. ELiquid Flavors are liquid and not a food product. Do not use for other than intended purpose. Do not ingest or put on skin. When not in use, keep child-safety caps on all products and store out of reach of children and pets. Disassembling or modifying products may cause injury. FlavorArtistsĀ® concentrates are concentrated multi-purpose flavorings used in baking, cooking, candy-making, beverages hot or cold, and other flavoring uses. FlavorArtistsĀ® Concentrated Multi-Purpose Flavoring is not e-liquid. All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.