What's in ECBlend E-Liquid?
What's in ECBlend E-Liquids?
- NO SOY - There is NO SOY ingredients in ECBlend E-liquids. Our VG is Palm Based to prevent SOY ALLERGIES. Federal labeling laws require any product with SOY in it to be on the label. Many other manufacturers use Soy Based Vegetable Glycerin (and do not include the proper labeling). ECBlend has used Palm-Based since 2012, so we will never need to include the "Contains Soy" tag. Soy is one of the number one allergens or sensitivities.
- Our VG and PG is KOSHER Certified
- Our VG and PG is USP Certified. Every batch is tested before going into production to meet the minimum requirements in our MSDS (online at ecblendflavors.com)
- Our Nicotine is USP Certified. Every batch is third-party LAB tested, then again tested in our facility twice (once before going into storage, then again when moved into production) and traceable down to every bottle. Even if you order 1 bottle, we can trace it back to the nicotine batch we received. We have a complete tested RECALL procedure in place as required by law.
- NO ESSENTIAL OILS in any of our products! - ECBlend has never used essential oils in our products. Oils build up in the lungs and can cause restricted or labored breathing. Our flavoring is (and has always been) water-soluble.
- Our flavorings do not contain Diacetyl or Diethylene Glycol. We require our vendors to certify these and have performed independent testing to confirm.
Liquids used to produce vapor in electronic cigarettes are widely sold both as separate bottled products, for use with refillable cartridges, and as pre-filled disposable cartridges. The bottled liquid is sold under a variety of names, including "e-liquid", "e-juice", and "nicotine solution".
Contents of liquid solutions vary, but their common aspects include (distilled) water and flavorings in propylene glycol (and/or) glycerin base. Nicotine is also included in solutions intended to fulfill a nicotine replacement role. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette#Liquids This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA)
ECBlend uses only water-soluble flavorings. We do not use essential oils in any of our e-liquids.
Diacytel Free, Finest Flavorings: In addition to our own testing, ECBlend partners with some of the finest flavoring manufacturers in the world who test their products to make sure our flavorings are the best quality, with limited chemicals, and are diacetyl-free.
E-Liquid containing nicotine are available in differing nicotine concentrations to suit user preference. Dosing nomenclatures are not standardized and vary by manufacturer, but tend towards the following rough figures:
- Liquids said to contain "low" doses of nicotine tend to correspond to a nicotine concentration of 6–8 mg/mL (milligrams of nicotine per milliliter of liquid).
- "Medium" doses tend to correspond to a nicotine concentration of 10–14 mg/mL.
- "High" doses tend to correspond to a nicotine concentration of 16–18 mg/mL.
- "Extra-high" doses tend to correspond to a nicotine concentration of 24–36 mg/mL.
Actual numerical nicotine concentration ratings are usually printed on the bottle label or packaging. Often, the standard notation "mg/mL" is shortened to a simple "mg".
Flavors and nicotine are dissolved in hygroscopic components, which turn the water in the solution into a smoke-like vapor when heated. Commonly used hygroscopic components include propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), and polyethylene glycol 400(PEG 400). ECBlend only uses USP Kosher PG and VG.
Safety of liquid bases
All three liquid bases are common food additives used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations.
Propylene glycol, the current dominating liquid base, has been utilized in asthma inhalers and nebulizers since the 1950s, and because of its water-retaining properties, is the compound of choice for delivering atomized medication.
ECBlend uses only USP Food Grade Kosher Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). (There are no animal by-products in either our PG or VG.)
These statements are from sources on the internet (source listed above). ECBlend makes no representations or claims or warranties about its products. By purchasing from ECBlend, you agree to be bound by our terms and conditions and to use all products AT YOUR OWN RISK. No statement on this site has been evaluated at this time by the FDA or any other medical professional.